Horrible screams rose up from his torture chamber below!


The Raven
1935 | B&W | 61 Minutes | 1.37:1 | NA | Horror | Mono | Universal


Director: Lew Landers

Writers: David Boehm

Stars: 
Boris Karloff
Bela Lugosi
Lester Matthews

Plot:
A wealthy judge coaxes the brilliant but eccentric neurological surgeon Dr. Vollin (Lugosi), who also has an obsessive penchant for Edgar Allen Poe, out of retirement to save the life of his daughter, a dancer crippled and brain-damaged in an auto wreck. Vollin restores her completely, but also envisions her as his "Lenore," and cooks up a scheme to kidnap the woman and torture and kill her fiance' and father in his Poe-inspired dungeon. To do his dirty work, Vollin recruits a wanted criminal (Karloff) and turns him into a hideous monster to guarantee his subservience.


From Svengoolie.com

“The Raven” takes flight on MeTV tonight at 10 pm eastern/pacific, 9 pm central, or check local listings. ( Don’t forget – MeTV invites you to “live-Tweet” on Twitter while watching the show!) We are very happy that our show is now highly visible in Detroit- and welcome Sven fans new and old in that area ( I ran there for about a year many years ago when I was “Son of Svengoolie”)! In Chicago, viewers can enjoy “Kiss of the Vampire” (with that “Drac Dynasty” bit) at 11 am on our sister station- WCIU- the U!

I hope I’ll get to meet many of you at that Flashback Weekend convention- both today and tomorrow. As I’ve mentioned, I’m signing and posing for photos this afternoon (yes, Sven merchandise will be available- get yours without shipping and handling!) then hosting the Sinister Visions costume contest, always a fun opportunity for me to wisecrack; then, tomorrow, it’s Family Day at the convention- you and your family can join me for a screening of the fabled “Mad Monster Party” and maybe come onstage with me for some fun! For details, just click on the “appearances” tab on this site.This is another year that I have increased my participation at Flashback- I hope you’ll come out to support me!- See more at: http://svengoolie.com/?p=7956#sthash.cz5ipjBk.dpuf


Unfortunately for me I will be missing out on Flashback Weekend this year I hope to see Sven over the Halloween season out and about tho. Looking forward to watching Kiss of the Vampire later today! The Raven is a short movie so you have to believe this will lead to a few extra skits or songs today(Yay).  Have a good weekend Sven fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment