J is for Jason


It would be a little hard pressed not to include Jason as one of my all time favorite Villain!

I have so many childhood memories of the hockey mask killer. One of the best was the night I had to babysit my younger brother and sister. Friday the 13th was on cable tv so without thinking we watched it. Sure I thought it would be fun. My six-year-old brother may have felt otherwise.

I had no clue how he felt until it was over and he just sat there staring at the TV...and staring...and staring. Never crying but boy I knew my ass was in a sling when mom and dad got home! To this day, he blames me for his fascination with horror movies. So in the end I guess it was a good thing. A few years later we would be in our basement with a stack of VHS horror flicks ready for the night! We still head out to convention's together, discuss the latest horror flick and reminisces about the good old days of horror movies. A bond that will last a lifetime thanks to a madman wielding a machete killing for mommy!

Make sure your are checking out the other bloggers during the A to Z Blog Challange. 

Sorry, this was a day late.

4 comments:

  1. Good ole Jason Vorhees. I think we all loved him and the movies back when they came out on VHS.

    Sean at His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will admit it Sean, Jason X is one of my favorite in the series. I know one of only a hand full!

      Delete
  2. Still freaking terrifying to me.

    Good luck with the A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my very favorite movie characters of all time! Thanks for putting the spotlight on him - it's always fun to find fellow fans of ol. Hockey Mask. Here's a link to a three part look at the Friday the 13th movies over at my blog - if you're interested and if I'm not being rude...

    http://craiglgooh.blogspot.com/2011/10/voorhees-jolly-good-fellow.html

    ReplyDelete