C is for Captin America


I was never allowed to have a fake gun growing up it promoted violence. Yeah that was the seventy's for you Make Love Not War blah blah blah.

As a young child, I had the freedom to run around a small downtown where my dad had his studio. So with that came washing the windows, shoveling snow and sweeping floors for quarters and dimes.

And what was a young 6 to 10-year-old going to do with all that money? You guessed it Comic books and Baseball Cards!

And being in a family that did not talk about war It was up to me to read about it. So flipping through the comic rack at the drug store the Captain caught my eye.

I could not grab enough for this guy. I needed more and I needed it fast! I could not wait for the next issue. That love for Captian America has never diminished once and awhile I will pick up and issue just to check in on freedom fighter. As I got older though the Captain started falling in my reading list to another Army hero Sargent Rock! It was the first time I saw blood in a comic.

Thanks Cap for being one of my Hero's!

Make sure to check out the other bloggers during the A to Z Challenge 

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel better, I wasn't allowed a toy gun either... Of course I was a little girl, so that would have been gender-inappropriate, lol. Captain America's a good hero to have!

    @Get Lost in Lit

    ReplyDelete